Saturday, November 14, 2020

D*A*M: Meathead M-27, 0.15" Vero Layout

It's a silicon Fuzz Face with an input cap blend - the D*A*M Meathead M-27, or the Meathead Deluxe.    

I copied the D*A*M layout from photos on Stompboxes UK and the usual pics on Reverb.  Strangely, the same issue I had on another layout - in all photos, the yellows on resistors looked green...  go figure.   

I suggest testing the 12k resistor before committing, as I have seen schematics and layouts using different values - 18k as an example.  

Some also have different values for the input and output capacitors, I've used values that I have seen in photos, and where I could not see values, I've used values from schematics and layouts by others (there's no shortage out there).


D*A*M MEATHEAD M-27 - VERO LAYOUT

D*A*M MEATHEAD M-27 - VERO LAYOUT



3 comments:

  1. If I want to set the gain fixed to full should I add a 1K resistor between rows 1 and 7 and link rows 1 and 2 (instead of a gain pot)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - it's the same as fixing the gain on a fuzz face.

      You could move the positive end of 10u cap down from row 1, to row2. Add the 1k across it in the space available on column 16.

      Delete
    2. Great, thanks for the confirmation

      Delete