Wednesday, September 2, 2020

GUILD: Foxey Lady, Point to Point and Vero Layouts (two knob version)

This is an early two knob Guild Foxey Lady, which is very similar to a silicon Mosrite Fuzzrite.  However it’s different to other schematics I have seen online -  

I traced this from the circuit shown below - it's easy to make out part values, excluding the pots and transistors.  I left some room for power filtering too, should be able to fit an extra cap / resistor / diode on there without any trouble.

GUILD FOXEY LADY - POINT TO POINT LAYOUT

GUILD FOXEY LADY - POINT TO POINT LAYOUT


GUILD FOXEY LADY - VERO LAYOUT

As you can see I converted the P2P layout to vero - could have been smaller, but no matter - it's still on small side of things anyway.


GUILD FOXEY LADY - VERO LAYOUT



GUILD FOXEY LADY SCHEMATIC



I traced the circuit from the photos below, taken from David Morrin's website (hope you don't mind me using them Dave).  

 I don't know what the actual pot values are - the usual suspects for a Guild Foxey Lady would be a good starting point (100k).  Dave mentions that they are dated 1968.  Not sure about the transistors either, 2N5133 or similar is a distinct possibility. 




The traced circuit is a lot brighter than the standard schematic - no surprise given the 1n cap on Q2 instead of the 3n3









No comments:

Post a Comment