Friday, January 22, 2021

FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY: Barbershop Millennium Edition

I just realised I had not uploaded a vero layout for my all-time favourite JFET-based guitar effects.  The Barbershop from Fairfield Circuitry.   

This is a workalike for the Millennium; if you want to make the standard Barbershop, remove the switch and the two capacitors attached.  The caps for the tone switch can be anything you prefer.

The JFETS:  definitely test the bias resistors on the JFETS.  I've listed stock values, but I had to use larger values to get mine to bias correctly.  Bias is really important on this, as is using real J201s.  If the sag control doesn't do much, you haven't biased correctly, or you have dodgy JFETS.   


FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY BARBERSHOP MILLENIUM - VERO LAYOUT

FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY BARBERSHOP MILLENNIUM - GUITAR EFFECT VERO LAYOUT


No comments:

Post a Comment