Friday, March 12, 2021

FRANTONE: Lo-Tone Classic Fuzz

I just found an old, nearly finished layout for the Frantone Lo-Tone Classic Fuzz in my files, so I thought now is as good a time as any to finish it.  After the D*A*M Sonic Titan, I thought I would see what else has an LM386, and this popped up.

Kind of unusual with the incredibly low input impedance for a guitar pedal - it’s about 10k.  Fran has designed some pretty exciting stuff, whereas I with approximately zero interesting things...  so I will not be too critical about this.   


FRANTONE LO-TONE CLASSIC FUZZ - VERO LAYOUT

FRANTONE LO-TONE CLASSIC FUZZ - GUITAR EFFECT VERO LAYOUT.  STRIPBOARD GUITAR EFFECT LAYOUT


2 comments:

  1. Oh!!Great!!
    FRANTONE Lo-tone Classic Fuzz Youtube is so fan!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dL37sh0R8
    I want to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Solderholic. I’m going to test a few things on the breadboard with the LM386 before I make this. With this layout it should not be too hard for you to convert it to point to point. You’ve done much harder layouts than this before.

      Hope all is well in Japan.

      Andy

      Delete