Sunday, June 20, 2021

MARSHALL: Shredmaster

The Marshall Shredmaster is a somewhat classic distortion, even if it has a cringe worthy name.  I don't think I would have even looked at this back in the day as a result of the name.  Shredding is not my thing.

I think it's fair to say that Radiohead using the Shredmaster has certainly helped its image in more recent times.  

This version has diode clipping options, which will help open it up a bit.   I'm sure you can work out how to build the stock version or change diodes to suit your taste from this layout - there's certainly enough room to play with around that section.  Note that it has been said that jfet based ICs are not great for this circuit, so I'll let you decided on that side of things.


MARSHALL SHREDMASTER - VERO LAYOUT (WITH DIODE CLIPPING MOD)

MARSHALL SHREDMASTER - GUITAR EFFECT VERO LAYOUT






No comments:

Post a Comment