Saturday, July 9, 2022

MI AUDIO: Discrete V2 Crunch Box

I'd already done the Blues Breaker in this format, and it sounded pretty good, so I thought why not try the MI Audio Crunch Box, as it's a high-gain derivative of the Blues Breaker.  

They have a similar topology - the Crunch Box has the soft clipping diodes removed and hard clipping LEDs added after the op-amps.  The LEDs probably just round things out a little, as the second op-amp is clipping hard. 

It looks pretty similar to the opamp version on LTspice, but with a bit less gain (which for me might be preferred).   I hope to get a slightly more dynamic distortion out of this compared to the stock MI Audio Crunch Box.  The stock Crunch Box is not really my kind of thing.

Untested at present - this is a future build file for me.  Try it if you want, but who knows what it will be like at this stage.


MI AUDIO CRUNCH BOX V2 - DISCRETE OPAMP VERO LAYOUT

MI AUDIO CRUNCH BOX V2 - DISCRETE VERO LAYOUT


MI AUDIO CRUNCH BOX V2 - DISCRETE OPAMP - SCHEMATIC

MI AUDIO CRUNCH BOX V2 - DISCRETE OPAMP - SCHEMATIC


No comments:

Post a Comment