Tuesday, April 25, 2023

VOX: Tone Bender, Tag Board Layout

While I was working on another fuzz face layout (the Sonus Jimi Mod 1968),  I thought I might do a quick adaptation for the Vox Tone Bender, as there was room for the additional resistor.

Quite fond of the Vox, so I'll probably build this once I've finished my current project.  Usually I like to increase the size of the output cap, as these can be a little on this this side / harsh on the ears.  A small cap across the collector and base of Q1 can also help with this.


VOX TONE BENDER - TAG BOARD LAYOUT

VOX TONE BENDER - TAG BOARD LAYOUT


3 comments:

  1. Hi, can u create The Rocket Fuzz (2n5088) veroboard layout project? I cannot find Vero anywhere. Only transfer template photoetch only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure - the Devi Ever one right? Surprised it hasn’t been done already.

      Delete
    2. Devil ever sounds devilly different, BTW.

      Delete