Sunday, October 8, 2023

PETE CORNISH: GC-1 (Aion FX Trace)

Another from the recent Aion FX Pete Cornish traces - this time it's a variation of the CC-1 Crunch, the CG-1.  Same layout, just a few value changes here and there.  It will sound a little different to the CC-1, but not substantially.  

I quite like the CC-1, especially with an added mod to dial in the diode clipping.  Combine this with the active EQ and you have an extremely versatile overdrive.

PETE CORNISH GC-1  -  VERO LAYOUT

PETE CORNISH GC-1  -  VERO LAYOUT

This layout has a simplified power supply to reduce board size.  




2 comments:

  1. I really like both the GC-1 and P-2. Based on your layout, I made one each and really like them. However, I don't like the "Cornish buffer," so I removed it and made a PCB with an "op-amp buffer" placed before this pedal. The sound will be smoother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ding. I've heard of a few people swapping the buffers. Glad they turned out well - both good choices.

      Delete