I thought I was about to do my first non-amp-related post in a while, but while typing I realised that this is, of course, based on the fuzz circuit from a Vox UL series amplifier... It's not an exact copy, but it's a cracking little fuzz regardless of this. It actually has a really cool gated fuzz tone, it could easily be mistaken for a germanium fuzz. I have previously done a regular 0.1" vero layout for this, but I generally prefer 0.15" board these days. So here it is...
ACLAM MOCKER
I actually prefer running it at 18v, rather than 9v - keeping in mind that the amp ran on 25v. It's not a dramatic difference, but it is noticeable, especially on the gate control (Bias). It's not all that fussy about transistors or diodes - keep the transistors low gain, and just some regular silicon diodes will be fine. Track down some OA200 diodes if you're super keen, but there are probably better ways to spend your time. Should not be hard to find some BC109 and BC107, if you want some more mojo from the original.
ON THE SCOPE
Just some tweaking of the Bias control here.





No comments:
Post a Comment