Sunday, November 8, 2020

D*A*M: Greasebox GB-88



This is an interesting one - I started this layout thinking the D*A*M Greasebox GB-88 would just like the others.  It mostly is, but it gets a little odd in the tone section.  When I was looking at photos of the GB-88 to copy the D*A*M layout, I noticed that there's no resistors to ground from the caps that connect to the tone pot - well none that I can see from the photos anyway, so maybe they have been placed under the board? There's also a large resistor across pin 1 & 2 of the volume pot.

I’ve pulled the layout I had posted, as there was too much guess work involved.   

But if you want to take a stab at one, build a MKIII with a 22n input cap and a 100n coupling cap going to the fuzz pot.   Filter caps are 220n and 4n7.

That’s as much as I could make out.




No comments:

Post a Comment