Sunday, November 8, 2020

D*A*M: Red Rooster Booster

I've already done a point to point layout for the D*A*M Red Rooster Booster (which I love by the way), but as I'm on a run of D*A*M layouts today, I thought I might do this one too.  Like the rest, this is not my layout; it's a close copy of the D*A*M layout.  If you want to stay true to the look, hide the jumper under the board.

This is the PNP version, which can easily be changed to NPN if you prefer by flipping the electrolytic caps.  

I noticed in one photo, a resistor to ground from the 10n output cap.  Maybe there was some pop that needed to be dealt with?   Anyway, squeeze that in between the two electrolytics if you need or want to try that.  I couldn't make out the value...  

Try setting the trimmer to 3.9k to start with, as that's the standard value for a Rangemaster Treble booster, which this of course is a variation on.  Someone once asked David Main about bias voltages - he suggested 6.66v - no doubt a little joke on his part, but it will get you close.  This is one that you can happily bias by ear; it seems fairly forgiving, at least it was on my other build. 


D*A*M RED ROOSTER BOOSTER - VERO LAYOUT

D*A*M RED ROOSTER BOOSTER  VERO LAYOUT


No comments:

Post a Comment