Wednesday, January 20, 2021

SOLA SOUND: Tone Bender MKI, Tag Board Layouts

I'm sure there are more than a few layouts out there for the Tone Bender MKI on tag board - I'm sure a couple more will not hurt.  

These are based on the Zonk Machine tag board layout, and I'm planning on adding an extra tag or two to adapt it to a D*A*M FZ-673 and FZ-678, which are normally built on vero.  So this is kind of my jumping-off point if you like.


SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKI - TAG BOARD LAYOUT


Original
SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKI - GUITAR EFFECT TAG BOARD LAYOUT




Gary Hurst

SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKI - TAG BOARD LAYOUT




Work in progress on the bench (Gary Hurst version) - testing transistors at the moment.  OC75 for Q1, and the rest is up in the air.   



I used an OC71 for Q1, OC75 for Q2 and an OC44 for Q3.   The OC75 looks a bit odd, as I put some heat shrink over the top, as the paint was pretty gone.   

Sounds like a MKI - now I just need a proper MKI enclosure to put it in so it looks like a MKI.  Hopefully that will be available at the end of March.





No comments:

Post a Comment