Tuesday, August 24, 2021

GRETSCH: Play Boy Harmon Booster

OK, so this one is wide even by my standards - but it will still fit in a 150BB in landscape format.  I could have made it a bit smaller, but once you get past a certain width, why hold back is my theory.

The Gretsch Play Boy Harmon Booster was one of my early vero builds, using a layout by Mirosol on Guitar Effects Layouts (also known as the Jen Harmon Booster).   

It's pretty cool, and a little unusual at the same time - and it's not a booster by the way, it's a distortion.  It has quite a few buffer stages...   I tried a simplified version without the all the buffers, and it's just not the same.

It's open to some simple modding, as the tone section is a Big Muff style tone control.  The long tail pair amplifier arrangement also looks interesting.  


GRETSCH PLAY BOY HARMON BOOSTER - VERO LAYOUT

GRETSCH PLAY BOY HARMON BOOSTER - GUITAR EFFECT VERO LAYOUT


SCHEMATIC



VIDEO DEMO




No comments:

Post a Comment