Saturday, July 11, 2020

FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY: The Barbershop + Barbershop Millenium, Point to Point Layouts

My all time favourite JFET overdrive, the Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop.  The Fairfield Barbershop has a really wide range of useful tones.  From clean right through to heavy drive bordering on fuzz.   Nice easy build too, as it's not complicated.  

I also included a layout for what I imagine is the Barbershop Millenium edition (the one with the tone switch).  I've built it, and it does the job very nicely.   It's not hard to add, maybe give it a try and see what you think - try some different capacitors to tune it to your liking.   

FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY THE BARBERSHOP - POINT TO POINT LAYOUT



FAIRFIELD CIRCUITRY BARBERSHOP VERO LAYOUT POINT TO POINT P2P

note:  If sag doesn't seem to do much, the JFETs are not biased correctly / they are cheap fake JFETS


2 comments:

  1. Anything I could change to make it have more gain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it had enough. Have you built it and it’s lacking?

      Delete