Wednesday, July 15, 2020

SOLA SOUND: Tone Bender MKIV, Switched Q3 transistor Point to Point Layout

Like many Tone Bender MKIII / MKIV builders, I tried so many different transistors for Q3 it wasn't funny.  I liked most of them and couldn't decide which one to choose - I thought I would end up building a few different versions as a result of this.  

Then I thought - why not put several transistors on a switch, as most of the magic happens on Q3?  I kind of stole the idea (or was inspired by), the Throbak Strange Master.  I went for a rotary switch to offer more choices, you could just as easily put two transistors on a DPDT.    

Signal runs from the fuzz pot to the base of all transistors, with collector and emitters on the rotary switch.  This will work with pretty much any Tone Bender layout, as you could take the Q3 wiring / mounting offboard for the same result. 

SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV - POINT TO POINT LAYOUT WITH TRANSISTOR SWITCH


SOLA SOUND TONE BENDER MKIV VERO LAYOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment