Wednesday, March 3, 2021

TONE BENDER ENCLOSURE: Space-age / Airstream - Finishing Enclosure

I finally got around to finishing my last Tone Bender enclosure.  This started off all red, but I didn't like the colour as much as the yellow.   So I stripped it back and started again.  It would be too painful to do the inside, so I left that red.  I like the contrast and the hint of the exterior inside with the red chicken head knobs.

I wanted a vintage space-age / airstream vibe, and I think I achieved that.  

PAINT

Finished with a Deluxe clear spray, as I can't find Rustoleum clear coat at my local anymore.  I tried an automotive clear coat, and it just didn't want to cure - think it needed really high heat for this to happen.

The interior is an automotive brake calliper paint, the same type that I used on the yellow enclosures.


DECALS / GRAPHICS

Pass - I just like the look of these clean at the moment.  I may change my mind about this at a later date, but I'm really a bit of a minimalist at heart.  


BUZZAROUND / BUZZATRON ON TAG BOARD

I modded the high pass filter by adding a trimmer to adjust the cut-off frequency - it works well.  

As you can see, it's a tag board build using a few mojo parts - tropical fish caps, 1W metal oxide resistors, 24mm alpha pots, OA7 diode, and 3 x OC45 transistors.

Buzzaround guitar pedal enclosure

Buzzaround guitar pedal enclosure - tagboard guts





2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your enclosure from? I am in Oz as well and I want to get my hands on these for my builds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello

      https://www.gapco.co.uk/vintage-pedal-enclosure.html

      I had to use a postal forwarding service when I ordered as they didn’t like shipping outside the EU. Since Brexit they may have changed their mind.

      It’s a good enclosure BUT it doesn’t come with a hard to find screw to hold the rubber feet on, and it has holes for pot tags to go through that you will probably want to fill.

      Delete